Monday, October 29, 2007

Gainsville Race Round #4

Alright finally my Gainsville race play by play!
On Saturday I was speaking to a race friend, RW. We were discussing how the race would play out. In a nut shell I said everyone is amped up from a wet nasty Jacksonville, and looking to race hard on the perfect course at Gainsville, BUT, 5 laps of a perfect course with climbing can be deceiving. That 5th lap was going to hurt if you did not pace yourself. Therefore....
I had a great start and went into the woods in 2nd. After a the first long double track I was pushed back into 4th, that was fine with me. The pace on the first lap was to fast for me that early in the game so I decided to sit in on my own and wait for things to come around.
The second, third and fourth laps I saw the leaders in and out of all the rock quarries therefore I new the were not getting away. At the end of the forth lap I really was feeling good and closed the gap to 2nd and 3rd place. As we came through the finish to begin our last lap I made my move to pass them with a statement that I was still strong so don't try to go with me.
This proved to work out because they did not even attempt to hang on to my wheel. The rest of the lap I was gunning for my 3 year rival Ryan "The Man" Woodall. I had him in my sights for most of the lap but could only close a little. We finished seconds apart but I was so pleased to know that he was running hard because he knew I was coming.
In summary the race was a complete success and points are what matter at this time. I will be missing next round at Tampa so I need ever point I can get.
Thank you to all my clinic attendees the success this year is overwhelming.

No comments: