Saturday, December 15, 2007

Belleview, Santos Round #7

Belleview, Round 7, not a lot to say about this race. We started the race and I went in to the woods in first. I was passed by Victor mid way through the lap and realized he was pulling away ever so slightly. I chased for a few miles and realized Ryan and Robert were gaining on me, so I made a tactical decision and stopped pedaling, took a drink, and waited for them to catch up. This proved to be effective because their local knowledge helped me on cornering and line selection. Robert dropped off pace and I was left in 3rd.
With only about a mile left in the race I was in a switchback section and saw Ryan just ahead. I had not seen him for most of the race but I was getting splits (time gaps), in the woods that let me know I was close. I gave it my all and finished 10 seconds behind behind Ryan and he was 45 seconds behind Victor.
That's it, not an exciting race but still in the points chase.

No comments: